US Corporation & Partnership Tax

Staying Compliant With A US-Based Business

Information Return Or Income Tax Return When Investing Or Doing Business In the US

If you have a start-up with US funding or invest in a business or real estate in the United States, you will likely have to file some US tax documents.

If a partnership or a corporation has to file an information return or an income tax return in the US depends on various factors such as income and the amount of assets.

Online Taxman not only provides tax preparation but also offers bookkeeping, compilation, and CFO services through our sister company Global CFO Solutions. We can handle all your corporate needs with an integrated approach.

Typical Questions We Often Answer

  • What is the best structure for foreigners to invest in the US?
  • Should I open an LLC for my business?
  • Is my LLC considered a disregarded entity, partnership, or corporation for tax?
  • Should I set up as an S-Corp or LLC?
  • What is the tax advantage of opening an S-Corp?
  • Does a corporation have to file taxes even if it had no income?
  • What is the best state to incorporate in?

We Offer More Than Tax Preparation

In addition to filing tax returns for US corporations and partnerships, we offer tax planning services for foreigners who invest in the United States, for example setting up a US-based business structure.

Our experienced team will help you navigate the complexities of the reporting requirements, tax planning on the US income, and even potential exit of a US business or investment.


LLC Or S-Corporation

Leveraging the tax advantages of electing a US LLC to be taxed as S-Corp.

Key advantages are saving on self-employment tax or setting up a Solo 401k or defined benefit plan for retirement contributions.

Read more about the selection of LLC vs S-Corp here.

US Real Estate Investment

Investing in US real estate with a US partnership consisting of non-US partners.

Foreign partners have US reporting requirements. They must get a tax ID number and file a non-resident tax return.  Additionally, the partnership may have tax withholdings, including FIRPTA withholdings on the sale of property.

We can handle all aspects of these transactions and filings.

Foreign Startup With US Investors

A foreign startup with US investors through a C-Corp must report the US entity as well as any foreign subsidiaries owned by the US entity. We can help with the tax compliance and also plan for potential tax advantages of keeping the IP in the US to license to the foreign entity. We also advise on IFRS accounting conversions and financial statement compilation for the US investors.

Online Taxman helps these start ups with not only IRS tax compliance but also reporting to the US investors.

Next Step - Schedule A Consultation With Us

During the consultation we assess your tax situation and will provide you with a quote. Our transparent, fixed fee pricing means you won’t have any surprises.

Our experts will not only ensure US tax compliance for your C-Corporation or Partnership but advise on proven ways to minimize the tax burden.

Online Taxman has been helping me for the past 3 or 4 years filing my US LLC accounts for my real estate business. He has been extremely helpful, helped me with tax strategy. Especially for somebody who is passively investing in the US like myself, it makes my life much easier. I would strongly recommend them.

Mash, Hong Kong

Truly a wonderful service for anyone trying to figure out international/expat taxes. Incredible customer service and takes the stress out of filing your taxes! Thanks!!

Ana Grammatica

An amazing company to work with. They saved me thousands of dollars of tax money paid in previous years with another irresponsible accountant. They have become my go-to accounting firm given my digital nomad needs.

Ivan Kreimer

The advice and time they have saved me have paid for the service many times over. Having smart people that are easy to work with is an incredible asset. These guys deliver! I'll definitely be working with them again. Thanks, Online Taxman!!

Nate Lassiter

We have pretty complicated taxes … and really needed somebody who knew international taxes and expat tax law. We've had a really good experience working with Vincenzo and his team. Strongly recommend working with them.

Alicia Callen, Singapore

After struggling to find a CPA who could work remotely and fully digitally, I came across Online Taxman referenced in a few different digital nomad groups. Now that my personal and (online) business taxes are filed, I must say that I'm very impressed and will certainly be a long time customer. Vincenzo and his team communicated promptly and left me with the feeling that I was in good hands. Their processes and tools made it easy to submit/review documents at every step along the way. All my questions were answered quickly and fully. Maybe it sounds too simple, but these guys really provided great overall customer service (which seems to be lacking in the industry). Thank you!

Ben Slavin

I contacted the Online Taxman a few years ago to understand my tax requirements living overseas and they have given me amazing service through the years. I know that when I have questions or do not understand certain items that I can just ask.

Patrick Kitchell, Denmark

They helped me with my business and personal taxes. The advice and time they have saved me have paid for the service many times over. Having smart people that are easy to work with is an incredible asset. These guys deliver! I'll definitely be working with them again. Thanks, Online Taxman!!

Nate Lassiter

Killer company—I've been working with them the past couple years, and they've saved me tons vs. my past returns and always have helpful, timely responses to my questions. Highly recommend!

Sean Quinn

I have nothing but good experiences with these guys. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable. If you're on the fence on who to use, I can strongly recommend you to go for them.

Danny Neess